In episode 155 of the 81allout podcast we review the fourth and final Test between India and Australia in Ahmedabad. The two teams played out a high-scoring draw, which ensured India won their fourth consecutive series against Australia and set up a Test between the same two teams in the World Test Championship final in June.
- The value of Axar Patel as a bowler and batter in this series
- Has any Indian team had as much batting and bowling depth as this one?
- The pitch laid out for the final Test – flat and slow
- Australia’s batters finishing off on a high note
- Ashwin’s masterful spell in the first innings
- What Ashwin and Lyon do really really well
- Virat Kohli’s defensive flourishes
- Will Kuhnemann play another Test?
- The political event on day 1 – and the questions cricket fans need to ask
Siddhartha Vaidyanathan (@sidvee)
Mahesh Sethuraman (@cornerd)
Kartikeya Date (@cricketingview)
Buy War Minus the Shooting by Mike Marqusee |
Buy Cricket Beyond the Bazaar by Mike Coward
- 81allout podcasts from the series: 3rd Test | 2nd Test | 1st Test | Preview | Throwback to 2004
- Rahul Dravid interviews Virat Kohli after his century – BCCI.tv
- Nanbaa, ellaam konja kaalam – R Ashwin review of series – YouTube
- Artistry and attrition combine in Ashwin spell for the ages – Karthik Krishnaswamy – ESPNcricinfo
- 81allout podcast with Amol Muzumdar
- The Modi Stadium metaverse: half full or just half empty? – Sharda Ugra – Mojo Story
- Cult over cricket – Mukul Kesavan – Telegraph
Lead image from here.