In episode 152 of the 81allout podcast we review the second Test between India and Australia in Delhi. The match see-sawed for two days until Australia collapsed on the third morning – and India sealed a six-wicket win.
- Australia’s tactic to sweep against spinners on a pitch keeping low
- Batting in India in the third innings – a most perilous task
- The Smith sweep to Ashwin, and Labuschagne playing the ball off the pitch
- Ashwin and Jadeja – and the subtle variation in lengths across innings
- Could Australia have used their feet and lofted more in the second innings?
- Ashwin’s mesmeric spell on the first morning
- Nathan Lyon’s drift and turn from around the wicket
- How the Axar-Ashwin partnership tilted the scales
Siddhartha Vaidyanathan (@sidvee)
Mahesh Sethuraman (@cornerd)
Kartikeya Date (@cricketingview)
Buy War Minus the Shooting by Mike Marqusee |
Buy Cricket Beyond the Bazaar by Mike Coward
- Jadeja’s seven-wicket haul – BCCI.tv video
- If Jadeja doesn’t get you, Ashwin must – 81allout podcast review of the 1st Test
- R Ashwin and the story of a most magical over – Karthik Krishnaswamy – ESPNcricinfo
- Ashwin-Jadeja combo a nightmare for any touring team to India – Dinesh Karthik – Cricbuzz
- India get the better of Australia, one flick at a time – Karthik Krishnaswamy – ESPNcricinfo
- The Plan: How Fletcher and Flower Transformed English Cricket – Steve James – Amazon
- Batsmen could learn from the Hayden way – Andrew Ramsey – cricket.com.au
Lead image from here.