We review the third Test of the England v India series – which England won by an innings and 76 runs.
- India’s choice of five bowlers – choosing competitiveness over respectability
- The first morning – when India were bowled out for 78
- James Anderson and the mastery with which he varies his length
- How badly did India really bat on the first morning?
- Joe Root’s ‘classical’ style of getting beside the line of the ball
- What does one mean when one says a batsman has extra time to play his shots
- Dawid Malan cementing his spot
- The Ashwin question
- Is Rishabh Pant better off at No. 6 or 7?
- Cheteshwar Pujara and the need to factor in expectations
- What connects Virat Kohli and Ricky Ponting?
Siddhartha Vaidyanathan (@sidvee)
Kartikeya Date (@cricketingview)
Mahesh Sethuraman (@cornerd)
- At Headingley, India were undone by a master of his craft – Ian Chappell – ESPNcricinfo
- Are Kohli and Pujara in slumps? Let’s look at what the control data says – Kartikeya Date – ESPNcricinfo
- Welcome addiction – Mukul Kesavan – The Telegraph
- The master and his apprentice – Rob Johnston – Cricbuzz.com
- Uninventing Virat Kohli – Ben Jones – cricviz.com
- India ride on awesome foursome: England v India, Lord’s Test review – 81allout podcast
Lead image from here.