We review two weeks of the World Cup – and chat about Maxwell, Shami, Siraj, Omarzai, Williamson, Shreyas, and much more.
- Maxwell’s freakish 201*
- How well did Afghanistan bowl to Maxwell?
- The curious case of Australia’s batting in this World Cup
- Are Afghanistan in the same phase that India were in the 1990s?
- India’s bowling attack – the finest quintet for these conditions?
- Rohit and Kohli – taking chances v taking no chances
- Are India due a bad day? Or will they finish the World Cup unbeaten?
- New Zealand’s NRR and the connection with how efficiently they are built
- South Africa’s conundrum – Rabada or Shamsi?
- Angelo Mathews and the moment the Nagin rivalry peaked
Siddhartha Vaidyanathan (@sidvee)
Mahesh Sethuraman (@cornerd)
- Buy War Minus the Shooting by Mike Marqusee – Amazon
- War Minus the Shooting – Revisiting the 1996 World Cup through a classic book – 81allout podcast
- Buy Cricket Beyond the Bazaar by Mike Coward – Amazon
Lead image from here.