We review the World Test Championship final between Australia and India at The Oval – which ended with a 209-run win and the Test mace for Australia. It was India’s second consecutive loss in the WTC final – and offered hints that a terrific side is likely past its peak.
- Australia’s greater depth in bowling
- Yet another missed opportunity for this Indian side to win a world title
- The height advantage – how the ‘release points’ could have made a difference
- The magnificent Mr Smith
- Did India misread the conditions on Day 1?
- Gill and Pujara leaving balls that hit the stumps
- Ashwin v Jadeja; Ashwin v Shardul; Ashwin v Umesh – the selection riddle
- Lyon’s craft to get Jadeja and Rohit out
- Rahane’s joyous return to Tests
- What next for this Indian bowling attack?
- The Rahul Dravid question
Siddhartha Vaidyanathan (@sidvee)
Buy The Summer Game by Gideon Haigh (recently republished by 81allout)
- The story of the WTC final – Kartikeya Date – Cricketingview
- Boland and Cummins unleash on India – Osman Samiuddin – ESPNcricinfo
- Beware, England: Steve Smith looks like a batting immortal again – Geoff Lemon – Guardian
- Ajinkya Rahane, India’s quiet hero – Nagraj Gollapudi – ESPNcricinfo
- Ashwin’s preparation list for the WTC final – Venkata Krishna – Indian Express
Lead image from here.