We review the second Test between West Indies and India at Port-of-Spain, which was rained off when India needed 8 wickets to wrap up the win. It meant India won their sixth series in West Indies and continued their dominance when touring the Caribbean.
- The problem with gauging the quality of a Test based on crowds and pitches
- Does Test cricket have to conform to a template?
- Mohammad Siraj’s terrific spells
- West Indies’ curious decision to field first on a benign pitch
- Virat Kohli’s near-flawless hundred
- Ashwin and Jadeja tightening the screws on Day 3
- Mukesh Kumar’s debut – and India’s transition over the next few years
- West Indies’ improved batting performance
- The challenge for India’s bowlers in tougher conditions
Siddhartha Vaidyanathan (@sidvee)
Mahesh Sethuraman (@cornerd)
Buy The Summer Game by Gideon Haigh (recently republished by 81allout)
- Mohammad Siraj takes 5 for 60 – Windies Cricket – YouTube
- Fazeer Mohammed reviews the second Test – SportsMax TV – YouTube
- Let West Indian cricketers play in first-class cricket in India – Deep Dasgupta – ESPNcricinfo
- When India collapsed for 81 all out – Windies Cricket – YouTube
- How West Indies became a fast bowling paradise again – Sidharth Monga – ESPNcricinfo
Lead image from here.