We are thrilled to bring you the 50th episode of the 81allout podcast.
Our special guest for the occasion is Clayton Murzello, group sports editor of Mid-Day in Mumbai.
We chat with Clayton about his journey – from running a bookstore, managing a cricket club, and covering local sports… before turning into one of the most recognized names in the field of cricket journalism.
- The charm of the Kanga League tournament in Mumbai
- The stories and legends around Dadar Union Sporting Club
- Tendulkar’s arrival on the club and first-class scene
- Schools cricket in Mumbai and the unreasonable expectations it puts on young men
- The legacy of Sunil Gavaskar in Mumbai
- The heyday of corporate and university cricket
- ‘Airport duty’ and a big scoop
- How a quiz helped a Mumbai cricketer get his pension
- The great storyteller – Raj Singh Dungarpur
- The thrill of collecting cricket books and memorabilia
Clayton Murzello (@claytonmurzello)
Siddhartha Vaidyanathan (@sidvee)
Mumbai’s cricket cradle – Clayton Murzello
Lead image courtesy Clayton Murzello