In the first episode of the 81allout podcast, we talk to Vijay Arumugam, a cricket fan based in Sydney, and discuss the first-ever Test match at the Manuka Oval in Canberra. Vijay and a group of friends drove from Sydney to Canberra, and he shares some of their experiences from the recent Australia v Sri Lanka Test.
- Clutch, pressure, choke: the language of cricketing discourse
- Hitting v Batting: the choice that dictates the shape of a T20 contest
- What’s the deal with fourth-innings run-chases?
- ‘In some ways, a TV director plays God’ – Hemant Buch
- ‘It struck me that you can score 574, declare twice, and still lose a Test’ – Allan Border