We preview the upcoming India v England Test series which comes on the back of an epic series win for India in Australia, and a very impressive win for England in Sri Lanka. While the teams prepare for fresh challenges in Chennai and Ahmedabad, they still have to contend with bio-bubbles, quarantines, injuries, and player rotation.
- Context of the India-England rivalry over the years
- The difference between perception of England’s performances in India vs their relatively impressive record
- Covid impact on the series – bubbles, scheduling, grounds, player fitness
- Unknowns around the pitches. Just two Tests in Chennai in the last decade. Revamped Motera.
- England’s choice to rotate and rest players for a key series – what message does it convey and how could it affect the quality of their cricket?
- How much should one read into England’s 2-0 win in Sri Lanka?
- How hard will it be for for India – both physically and mentally – to move on from such an epic series win in Australia?
- Ashwin’s fitness concerns, and England largely finding a way to tackle him home and away
- How much would India miss Mohammad Shami and Ravindra Jadeja?
- Possible team combinations for both teams
- Would the standings in the World Test Championship have a say?
Siddhartha Vaidyanathan (@sidvee)
Mahesh Sethuraman (@cornerd)
The Allrounders – 81allout podcast
Chepauk’s accidental curator – Nagraj Gollapudi – ESPNcricinfo
How Joe Root’s risk-free approach kickstarted the biggest year of his career – Tim Wigmore – The Telegraph
Likeable England face formidable India – Sky Sports podcast
Lead image from Rediff.com