We review India’s win over South Africa in the World Cup match at Southampton. Talking points: Jasprit Bumrah’s Test-match-style opening spell, KulCha’s delightful drift, turn and dip, and Rohit Sharma’s Nine-to-Five hundred Participants: Sriram Dayanand (@sdayanand) Subash Jayaraman (@cricketcouch) Siddhartha Vaidyanathan (@sidvee) (Lead pic from here)
- Clutch, pressure, choke: the language of cricketing discourse
- Hitting v Batting: the choice that dictates the shape of a T20 contest
- What’s the deal with fourth-innings run-chases?
- ‘In some ways, a TV director plays God’ – Hemant Buch
- ‘It struck me that you can score 574, declare twice, and still lose a Test’ – Allan Border