We review Pakistan’s win against England in the World Cup match at Trent Bridge. Talking points: The cosmic (as well as probabilistic) reasons for Pakistan’s unpredictability, the reasons why Pakistan should not have won this match, and the end of England’s chasing streak at home. Participants: Ahmer Naqvi (@karachikhatmal) Subash
- Clutch, pressure, choke: the language of cricketing discourse
- Hitting v Batting: the choice that dictates the shape of a T20 contest
- What’s the deal with fourth-innings run-chases?
- ‘In some ways, a TV director plays God’ – Hemant Buch
- ‘It struck me that you can score 574, declare twice, and still lose a Test’ – Allan Border