In the latest 81allout podcast we rewind to the World Cup in 1996 – when Sri Lanka refused to be beaten. We remember Brian Lara’s exquisite strokeplay, Aravinda de Silva’s mastery, Tendulkar’s magic with a sponsor-less bat, Jayasuriya reducing medium-pacers to offspinners, Paul Strang’s wizardry and Ambrose getting stumps to
- Clutch, pressure, choke: the language of cricketing discourse
- Hitting v Batting: the choice that dictates the shape of a T20 contest
- What’s the deal with fourth-innings run-chases?
- ‘In some ways, a TV director plays God’ – Hemant Buch
- ‘It struck me that you can score 574, declare twice, and still lose a Test’ – Allan Border